22 August 2008

Art functions as lungs allowing my mind to breathe.

Project Blog-It

To list, describe, or even know all the functions of art would be as an exhaustive a task as counting the raindrops in a summer storm. Art functions as a way to communicate when language and structure fails me. I am so grateful to be artistically multi-lingual – to send and receive messages through the many mediums, colors, and textures of art. I feel blessed; at once, humbled and superior. Art functions as a bridge across classes, cultures, and civilizations. Art functions as a binder and compels participants to use their senses to reach a higher level of consciousness and existence by touching the ethereal through the tangible.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that art is the tap that will open up the source of power within me that I have so long been afraid to let loose. If I allow it, the function of art is to free me and let me be.


Laugh * Dance * Sing * Paint * Draw * Build * Grow * Cook * Design * Compose * Play * Be
Write on, Sister, write on.
Next week’s prompt: certitude

No comments: